Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 12:09 PM   #20
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave Dweller
Picked up mine Friday, did the walk thru with a service tech, was waiting for excuse of cold weather for not wanting water in the system, was surprised he had water in the tank, water heater on, had a nightlight to test outlets, scratch on the cabinet door was all we came up with and he had touch up stain, done and gone same night so keep your hopes up!
When we picked up our Axis it was the middle of Feb 10F-20F outside. They had the coach inside their heated service bay filled with water to show us all the faucets worked, hot water, etc. The tech then proceeded to show us how to winterize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl
Airforceret you're so lucky to live that close to the factory ! I wish I could be the one to put the first miles on my coach. I've always heard that the first 1000 miles are critical I breaking in a engine! That may or may not be true but it seems reasonable.
Its a small world so who knows... Maybe our paths will cross one day
Safe travels
Unfortunately RV's are driven from the factory to the dealer. Which means that the initial break in period may have already been done by the transporter instead of the final owner (seeing as your a bit away from the factory you'll probably encounter this as well).

The good news with the V-10, though, is that it really isn't broken in fully until about 8,000-10,000 miles. Somewhere in that range is when you'll notice a slight uptick in the mpg figures (I've noticed this on the past 3 V-10's we've owned).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.