Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #2
neeliec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
ozeek - your message is timely for me. We have a 2016 Hurricane 27K and just returned from an almost 2 week trip to your beautiful state. We went up as far north as Santa Fe/Las Vegas (HORRIBLE wind!) as far south as Deming/Lordsburg. We re-routed and cut our trip by 2 days due to the winds and threats of snow.

Winds were (and are) a huge issue for us. We live in southeastern AZ and find we battle winds on many of our outings. I-10 across much of NM and AZ can be subject to awful winds. I used to think this was a seasonal issue, but it seems to be almost year-round.

I would also like to know if there is such a thing as a wind warning app. We also use TWC app and some local news source apps, but they don't help much when motoring down the highway!

Hope you have an enjoyable "test run" with your Hurricane rental. Eager to hear how you feel about the whole idea of buying an RV. We're happy with ours, but just dread having to fight the wind!

Eileen in AZ

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum