Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: waste system
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #15
karwask

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.4
State: Oregon
THOR #4548
Question Planning Ahead for Sewer Hose and Cleanout System Questions

Hi All,

My coach should be here today and my walkthrough is on Friday. I asked Thor to send a diagram of the sewer system in hopes that it will enlighten me regarding such things as if I buy a swivel stick is the toilet directly on top of the black tank (one type of swivel stick) or is there a bend in the plumbing which requires a different swivel stick. When you look at the diagram, what do you see? Seems as if there is a bend?

Other question, is the valve for the black tank a straight shot to the back of the tank, which would make something like the Flush King a good way to clean out the tank or are there bends in the pipes between the clean out valve and the tank? Seems as if it's likely that there are bends given how awkwardly placed the black tank valves seem to be from what you all have said?

I am not up for drilling a hole in the black tank to install a system to clean it out at this juncture in time but seems as if I might not have a choice or else use the twisty version of the swivel stick.

What do ya think?

Also, sometimes folks have said that the shower water is plumbed into the black tanks? Can anyone tell from this diagram if this is the case?

PS: not able to post the diagram and thanks Jamie for your response: I'm good now

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum