Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #69
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
I usually get away to "get away" and don't take a car. If we stay for a while and want to see things or go out to eat we usually rent a car. Enterprise will bring it to you and you have unlimited mileage for about $20.00 a day. We may do that a couple of days during a longer trip.

Renting is much cheaper than paying for a car and insurance. I also don't want the hassle of pulling another unit. When traveling, a mall or large parking lot usually has two spaces available. We even did this when I had a Class B unit.
i appreciate the information. Did you find your Class B confining compared to the Axis or where there other reasons you bought the Axis. i looked at Roadtrek seriously for many months and even made offers a couple times unsuccessfully. The people who own them sure think they have a deal there, but i found them way way to small inside to think about extending living, say for 3 or 4 months. Like a bathroom on wheels. Does the slide in the Axis make a big difference? Thor markets the Axis to people who want extra large SUVs so they should handle like one. lol I just want some big enough to actually be comfortable sitting around in, but small enough to move around easily.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.