Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:50 AM   #18
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Have a similar issue in my 2014 Hurricane... Went to move it the 'last 5 miles' to our new home on Weds - and neither slide would come in...
Had voltage at the controller - but no response to switches. First thought was batteries - but they were fine... all other 12v working even when unplugged from shore... Popped on an external charger just to be sure - and it showed charged...

I don't believe I have the rapid camp (and awning came in fine which would also be an issue if a rapid camp problem... but the above cab bunk wouldn't work either.)

Tried a call to Coachnet - after an argument about my membership, they routed me to a tech.. Didn't find anything new - but suggested the manual retract - which from Schwintek is to unplug the motors and push...

Unplugged the motors from the bedroom slide - and 3 of us were able to push it in manually...
Tried the same with the living room slide - but 7 of us couldn't budge it (well - the manual says it could be difficult... )

Called Thor - and Steve walked through some diagnostics - again confirmed power to the controller... Check fuse 10 - supposed to be a 30A for the slides - well fuse 10 was 15amp.. fuse 11 was 30 - but both were ok... Suggested a 50a circuit breaker in the BCC next - couldn't locate it...

He was able to confirm the switch applies 12v to the 'EXT'end or 'RET'ract pins on the controller... OK - I can do that...
The slide controller is in a basement compartment with a light... Used a jumper wire to connect the light power to the 'RET' tab... The motor engaged briefly and stopped... hmmmmm...
They couldn't have wired it backwards now?? Applied 12v to the 'EXT' tab, and the slide rolled in...

Made the 5 mile ride to new home - and now have to find the cause... Do have an extended service plan - but the down time isn't in my schedule... so will do some digging this weekend first...

Ideas and locations to hunt welcome.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.