Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #11
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
sforl -- did you by any chance download the owners manual I compiled? It has much more information about the Axis/Vegas than the Thor manuals contain. I have to agree with Miramar Owner -- you do need to spend some time reading the manual(s) because it is not as simple as getting in throwing switches. You have to know how the systems operate. For example, how and under what conditions do the batteries charge, how does the transfer relay operate, how does the sewer connection rotate to hook up the sewer hose, how should the water heater bypass valves be configured, where are the fresh water tank/cold water line/hot water line low point drains located.

Here is what my manual says about the tankless hot water system should be configured:
"Tank-Less Water Heater
In 2017 Thor began installing Girard Tank less water heater in their Vegas/Axis RV. This water heater operates on-demand and contains no water tank. It operates off of propane only and its operational controls are operated by 12 VDC. In addition, it has no by-pass valves for winterizing the water heater. The tank less water heater is winterized as if it were part of the inline hot and cold water plumbing. To operate the tank less water heater:
• Ensure the propane bottle is on
• Open the water heater door on the outside of the RV
• Turn the Power Switch On
• Set the Mode Switch to Auto
When you open a hot water valve the unit will automatically light and start heating the water. Do not use cold water to adjust the water temperature. Water temperature is adjusted at the faucet by increasing or decreasing the hot water flow.
NOTE: When using propane for either water heater it is a good idea to purge any air trapped in the propane manifold and lines. Simply light a few of the burners on the stove for a few minutes."

Here is a link to the Girard Tankless Hot Water Heater Manual -- https://www.manualslib.com/manual/94...ts-Gswh-1.html

Here is the link to my Owners' Manual --
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP6UNyy_VYGDO0BW6L
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.