Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #25
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
The saga continues...made it to Florida, used ohead ac along the road and generator kept kicking off while driving, maybe ran too long?

Now in campground and ohead ac is tripping campground site breaker. Any thoughts?
Do you have a surge protector that reads out the amps you are pulling off of the campground box? (If you don't - you should.) That would give you a clue as to how many amps you are using. The A/C and microwave together often draw more than the campground amperage available. Try not using anything except the A/C and see if it still happens. At some campgrounds I found that I had to not use the microwave and use propane for the water heater to use the A/C in a hot day. If inwanted to use the microwave, I had to turn off the A/C while it was on.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum