Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 09:10 PM   #85
DogLovers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepesce View Post
The first thing my family did when getting our Axis was to give him a name and yes for some reason it's a " him" ... not sure why. I thought it would be interesting to hear from others who are naming theirs as well. I'm sure there are some very interesting and amusing names, as well as stories, to go along with them.

We named our Axis "Odie" (short for Odin), the kids are fans of the Thor/ Marvel movies.

Anyone else care to share?
Of course you gave it a "him" type name. Her type names tend to have much higher maintenance costs! "Odie" reminds me of the ole cartoon strip with Odie the dog. (cool)

As for our Mercedes Sprinter Thor Synergy model? Named her "The Wild Goose". Not because I'm a hunter, I gave that up years ago. But because the Wild Goose is a former World War II minesweeper converted into a luxury yacht that was once owned by Hollywood legend John Wayne. As a kid I grew up on True Grit, McLintock, the Green Berets, Sons of Katie Elder, not to mention the famous John Ford cavalry trilogy. 40 years ago while visiting Universal Studio in California I happened to see the original "War Wagon" from the movie of the same name and some years later boarded the yacht Wayne once owned. Walking those decks stayed with me for life. I swear I could feel the Duke so much so that the hair on the back of my neck was surely alerted. He reminded me so much of my father it was uncanny. The walk, the mannerisms, the famous advise combined with that big no nonsense character made famous by movies. My dad was just like Wayne and I miss them both so. Besides all that "Wild Goose" which suggests an aimless roaming seemed better than naming it, "John Wayne", "Marion Morrison", "Dollor", "Dollar", "Duke", "Beau", "Starlight", "Cochise", "Banner", "Alamo", or "Steel" which were all names of the horses he owned or rode in his movies. Sorry I'm a hopeless romantic and I freely admit it. I'm old school where "God, Guts and Guns" made America over "Snowflakes, everyone's a winner and safe places to grieve".

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.