Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 02:12 AM   #11
edvic

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
Edvic,

The water heater is by Atwood. The obstructions, such as they are, come with the WH. There really isn't anything Thor can do about them.

The nylon plug should be pretty easy to install/remove as long as you have a 15/16ths socket and a 6" (or longer) extension for a standard socket-wrench driver. Do be sure the water heater is cold before doing anything, and release any pressure with the pressure relief valve (up and to the right) before you try to remove the plug.

In our Axis the driver and passenger side curtains are retained with cloth and Velcro "swags" that wrap around the curtains and stick to a bit of Velcro on the wall behind the windows. The fabric matches the curtains. They may be there, but would blend into the curtains if you don't know what you are looking for.

What exactly is the problem with cable? If it's not working at all the most likely cause is that the antenna booster is "ON". It has to be on to get over the air broadcasts from the crank-up antenna.

BUT, it must be "OFF" to use the cable connection. In our's the control box is in the cabinet above the sink, way at the back. I'm 5' 10", and I still have to use a stool to be able to see it and turn it on/off.

Welcome to the Axis community! Hopefully you'll like you unit as much as we all do once you get the kinks worked out! Motorhome ownership is not for the faint of heart. There is always something to fix, replace, or improve!

Regards,

Randy
Thanks, Randy. I will certainly use the socket wrench in the future. Once I get a new plug, all should be copasetic.

It's not the velcro on the curtains. When you open them, there is no hook on the curtain side to attach to the base eye hook.

The cable switch is on. The problem is that the reception is horrible. It's not the cable as we have tried two. It's not the TVs as both are the same. It's not the source as other RVS get great reception and the problem is the same at every campsite. So it's some internal connection. It worked fine the first time we used it, then stopped.

BTW, the wiper controls on the steering wheel do not work. There is an additional set of controls on the left side dash which do. has anyone else experienced this problem?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum