Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 03:09 PM   #1087
TheTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieBoxer View Post
I'm doing the same with my 2014 vegas (tan in color) Im interested in what you did for securing the recliners to the floor. My chairs fit in the slide out. the slide out floor is which aprox 2" above the main floor.
I used rolled metal strips (it comes in a role pre-punched with holes got it at the hardware store) and self-drilling wood screws with hex nut heads (allows you to use a socket rather than a screw driver bit). I made sure the screws would not be too long as to impede the slide out platform operation but long enough to go through the platform (say 1-1.25 "). I cut the metal strips so that they would wrap around the bottom of the chair frame bar and drove a screw through the strap into the floor platform. I put one strap on the front, back, and each side bars (total of 4). You're probably wondering how I could get into such a confined space to drive in the screw's. That's where the flexible drill attachment came in (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I could not have done it without. I wish I would have bought one of these year's ago. It's useful for soooo many projects. The chair's aren't going anywhere without the platform coming off. I figured the seatbelts will hold any passengers in place while driving.

I've seen where some folk's have actually used the seatbelts wrapped around the chair frames underneath to secure the chairs. Since I wanted to continue using the seatbelts for passengers, I didn't choose this approach.

Hope this helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum