Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 03:14 AM   #9
mustang94

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Seriously though, in my case nitrogen couldn't have helped at all.

My tires right now have over 70,000 miles (could go about 100,000 miles solely based on wear rate) and need replacement based on age. Had I run nitrogen in them, I don't see anything I could have gained. I'd still need to replace them based on age. In my case the cost and any possible gain would have been wasted anyway.
OK may not of helped your tires from old age but how many times have you had to add air to bring them back up to a normal range. Dry nitrogen is thicker than air and does expand as much as air when heated, there for doesn't seep or leak out no where near as fast. Indy car and dragsters use it all the time. Sure you don't always have it at your disposal and you can still use compressed air when ever needed. But if you ever have the chance deflate and then inflate your tires 2 or 3 times, you will see... I check my tires once every few months and only 2 or 3 psi low. My Ford Focus I added air only one time in a year.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.