Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #10
j37genie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger LX
State: Colorado
THOR #3922
Resolution

I took the plunge. Reaching in from the inside of the coach, I removed the motor. Next step was to manually push out the rear of the slide, while using the remote to extend the front. I removed the three screws at the top of the slide (outside), and pulled down the rubber strip. There is a hole drilled for the motor setscrew, but it's obvious from the imprint on the rubber strip that there has never been a setscrew in that spot. The motor has been in place only due to the four 1/2" screws that extend from the bottom on the motor, that slide into four corresponding holes. In short, the motor has just been sitting there loose, so this failure was eventually going to happen. I replaced the motor, aligning the four base screws while also aligning the motor shaft. I used a #8 1/2" setscrew to secure the motor, and reinstalled the rubber seals. Now up and running. Wifey and doggie are now happy campers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.