Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #1
Lambob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arkansas
THOR #3396
Reversed Polarization on House Batteries - Need Help

I have a 2013 ACE 31.5. When I reinstalled my two 6 volt house batteries I accidentally reversed the polarity. I knew it immediately and corrected the problem. However, the house lights, radio, TV, etc. do not work. I checked the fuse box and the two 40 AMP fuses that I assume are the reverse polarity fuses are not blown. Just to be sure I checked all of the fuses and breakers and none were blown or tripped. I also tried to reset the 100 AMP breaker near the battery but I can't tell if it worked. It is not the type that has the yellow lever that shows when it has tripped and it is hard to tell if it is reset. Before a buy a new 100 AMP breaker and install it I want to know if anyone has any additional advice as to what I need to look for before installing the new breaker. I don't want to install it and find out there was another fuse or breaker that would correct the problem. Any ideas?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum