Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #15
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Yes, I have a TST system
and no, no warning form it. It wasn't that sort of failure mode.

Running approx 70MPH, I picked up a shimmy that progressively got worse. At first I immediately put the TST monitor into my "high alert" scan. Pressures weren't dropping and temps weren't spiking noticeably.
So I figured i might have thrown a wheel weight. Varied speed up and down slightly to see if it was in a suspension system resonance. Nope. So I slowed to maybe 60ish. It was still only a light vibration

When the vibration started increasing, I slowed down a bit more and considered hitting the shoulder. Opted to slow to maybe 50MPH to an upcoming exit a mile or two up the road figuring safety of family was paramount and stopping on the side of the highway isn't always the best choice. In this case, I wish that I would have stopped.

So I slowed down, but right as I was getting to the beginning of the deceleration lane.....it went boom!

Maybe 1 second later....BEEP BEEP BEEP from the TST

Hind site, I honestly feel a bit stupid. I had lots of warning. Maybe 6 or 7 miles of warning from the very start of a slight shimmy. It was at alarming levels for much less than that but, still.... I should have stopped.... and barring that I should have slowed significantly more than I did. I was probably running about 45 -50 MPH when it let go....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.