Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Spare tire
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The Axis/Vegas units don't come with a spare (and Thor provides free roadside assistance--its in the owners manual). Our dealer informed us that most class A's nowadays don't come with a spare: just call roadside assistance.

I had to change a tire on our 5er once. It was the usual story: Driving down the road and people would pull up next to us pointing and yelling--you really can't tell when a trailer tire goes. Sure enough we pull over and one of the 5er's tires is shredded (drivers side of course). I attempted to pull off the road enough so that I wouldn't get creamed by traffic (thankfully where we were there was a ton of grass and I was able to pull completely off the road, including the shoulder). In the middle of changing the tire a helpful state trooper stopped by to check on us (this was in Ohio). He even gave us directions to the nearest tire place (wanted to at least get a new tire for the spare just in case).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.