Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 07:21 PM   #5
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I'm in a Thor class C. Not an Ace, but i assume come off the same line.... or at least a sister line....

I agree with the others. We're happy with ours too.

I also feel that they 'could' do a much better job in everything from design through to QC, but it is what it is. I've had some warranty work done too, and have been satisfied, more or less with both the dealer and Thor.

From what I've read, Thor isn't really any different than winnebago in these terms.
There is always the chance for a lemon in any brand.....
....and that could be Thor's issues or it could be bad components such as TV's, fridges, etc....
I think you have to
keep a positive attitude
be forgiving and have an open mind
& be willing to fix little things yourself....or else be patient with the dealer. I suspect a lot of negative customers come from the slow and uncaring responses from dealers. I figure that if I had to run back to the dealer for every little loose screw, wait for the appointments, and then wait for parts to arrive, and then wait for re-work when the screw something else up.... I'd likely be pretty unhappy too.

and lastly, i agree with advice to do a very thorough PDI
I suggest:
scheduling it in the morning and early in the week. (I did mine Saturday PM. It took longer than the dealership was open, so they were limited in what they could do, and weekend so they couldn't call factory for support)
Take all day with it if you need to.
Test everything.
run every system
extend every awning
run every power source (ie LP and shore power both for the water heater)
open every drawer, and put load in it to make sure it stays on track.
fill every tank, and drain them.
run the pump & run the water hooked up.
test every outlet
check every light
check the battery - assume it's been sitting on the lot and has been discharged 100% many times. If you can, ask the dealer to not plug the coach in and let the battery sit uncharged and unused the day before, so you can test it "cold"
do a thorough test drive
operate everything
and when you're all done, see if they'll let you stay your first night in it on their lot. You're likely to find other things once you start using it and living in it.
If you can't do that, find a CG or park close by that first night, so that you can take it back the next day if you find anything else..... and have them agree to taking it in for repair the next day as if you were still doing the PDI.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.