Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 10:34 PM   #11
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAxis View Post
We took our 2017 Axis 24.1 (E450) over to Dallas Frame & Alignment this morning to have it aligned and install a Safe T Plus. They've been in business forever and some of the top RV shops around send theirs over for alignments so we thought it was a good place to have the work done. Within minutes of looking at it the techs called the manager over and then they came to see us in the waiting area. Both I-Beam bushings are "either bad or defective" and they can't align it until that's resolved. They also advised against installing the Safe T Plus until we get any warranty issues taken care of.
I asked them to show me what they were talking about & I crawled under the Axis with the tech while another tech turned the wheel back & forth. The bushings are definitely loose and allow a lot of play. They said we'd ruin tires quickly if this isn't fixed. Wondering if anyone else has had issues with these bushings, and did Ford warranty them?
I live in Desoto and want to get alignment and Safe T Plus installed. Did you have to provide the Safe T Plus or are they a dealer? Could you please post their phone number and address?

Thanks!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.