Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #11
Ed-Helen pns

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Florida
THOR #698
We got our 2014 ACE used last March with 2500 miles. It now has 7600 miles and have not had any problems with the coach. We like the floor plan and the inside and outside storage. Our previous RV was a 21c Chateau with no slide and a bed that you had to crawl into. Just too small.
After we got it home and looking everywhere, we found little notes saying "don't buy this ACE is a lemon". I think the previous owners wanted the comfort and frills of a 200k motorhome and bought an entry level one.
I had it weighed and front end aligned. There was some toe out which can cause wandering. I am running about 80 psi in the tires because the loaded RV was under weight on both axles. It tracks pretty good down the road at 60-62 mph. On our recent trip there was about a 20-25 mph crosswind and keeping it your lane was a little more difficult.
It gets 7.5-8 mpg towing a CRV at 60-62 mph. I cut off the cruise when going up a hill. One down shift is OK but when it goes down another gear the rpms jump to 3500. Not good mpg at the rpm. It just slows down a bit going up hills, just like trucks. We are not in a big hurry to get anywhere. The old RV required mid test gas and the ACE takes regular. This a pretty good savings.
The only problem is the check engine light goes on and off at will. The code says "lost communication with the fuel pump". There is no difference in performance whether it is on of off. Its been back to Ford twice and they can't find anything wrong. I am keeping a log in case there are problems down the road.
Overall we really like it. We had 2 days of rain recently and had to stay inside. It get a little cramped but I watch TV on or the I Pad in front and the DW goes into the bedroom and reads. Some separation is good.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum