Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 02:47 AM   #11
48in366

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis
State: Florida
THOR #3501
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
For the current leak the water squirts out (it really does ! LOL) on the bottom of the window frame. I watched it during a recent downpour--I think this doesn't happen that much because during the downpour I noticed that its parked such that most of the water on the roof runs along the awning and down next to the front door (yeah right on top of the passenger window).

When you say "top exterior sealant" you mean what you can see on the outside on the top of the window? (Crawling on the roof looking down onto the gap between the window and the side of the coach?) I looked the other day and could see where the Thor tech had run sealant along that gap.

I'm guessing for my current leak the water just found a path that the tech missed so I should be able to just plug up the missed points and I'm good!
That's the sealant I'm talking about (although I personally prefer the "climb a ladder" method to see it - anything to keep me off the edges of the roof!) If your current leak has water coming in rather violently through the bottom of the frame, I'd check all the weep holes around the base. If water was getting in through the top sealant, I think it would trickle/race/pour down the frame and end up running off the sides into the wall, as opposed to finding it's way around the bottom of the window. Is it coming out straight downwards towards the floor, or in a vertical fashion - more up and out from the metal surround that's screwed in? Or just directly under the window glass, bypassing the frame altogether? There are a number of lips involved in all parts of the framework - just trying to see if I can help narrow it down any!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum