Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 01:45 AM   #1
sandaj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1454
New to the Thor forum

Hello all; I'm a new member in the forum. We just purchased a 2015 Thor Miramar 34.0. It is our first RV and although excited about the future road trips, I must say I am not favorably impressed with the quality control aspects of the Thor factory or the quality of problem solving and workmanship at the Camping World in New Braunfels, Texas.

I'm fairly confident that we will eventually get the bugs worked out, but the process so far has been considerably less than I had expected for the money invested. So much for "great expectations".

I was surfing the forum just before I registered, and many of little problems we have been experiencing seem to fit a pattern. We took delivery of our RV on 31DEC14, and it has been in the dealership for 14 of last 18 days. We are taking it back tomorrow for more warranty work.

I'm looking forward to learning from the forum members as we begin our new adventures. I have already learned where the cut off valve for the ice maker may be. Getting water to the ice maker was one of our first problems. In the repair process for the ice maker, they managed to render the drawer under the sink almost inoperable. I don't understand how the repair man did not know the drawer was broken in the process. The drawer was not broken when we took it in for the ice maker problem.

Enough ranting for the introduction to the forum. I'm ready to ride.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum