Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
MarylandMatt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #7268
New Camper - Tank Size Usage...

We just got a new Thor Chateau 31E. I know the size of the tanks as listed in the specifications (40gal Fresh, 28gal Black, 28gal Grey). I also know that everyone says how the tank sensors are not worth a pile of poo....

My question: As we start using the camper, what is the best way to find the actual real level in the tanks so we can better have a feel for how full it might get on a 2 day trip versus a 3 day trip. You can not really see in the tanks to see the real level.

The goal is for us to better be able to determine with different usages, how many nights/days we can go without dumping in this camper for our family so we can know if a given trip, we have to find a campground with full hookups since we are going to be there too long or can we just dump at the end.

We came from a travel trailer that we had for 5 years that had slightly smaller tanks and I know that it is going to vary, but I just want to get some good information so we can plan future trips better.

Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum