Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 12:57 AM   #4
sandaj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Hello,

I'm also new and like you I was stunned to see so many complaints for Thor. I purchased a Miramar and my wife is handicapped and we had to install a Burr Lift it's electric not Hydraulic and the dealer La Mesa RV in Albuquerque did an excellent job.

My problem has been the baggage doors they won't lock and a couple locked but would not open so I got Thor to send me two new locks because I had to drill a hole in them to find out how to pick them open. I did a little investigating on those lock and there is very little grease on the latch. there was no loctite used on the screws to hold the latch so a little vibration and the lock latch falls off inside the lock.

I also had the entrance door open in traffic it has opened several times, I'm still working on that I been busy with the 13 baggage doors.For now I use a bungee cord on the door after I get in so it won't swing open in traffic and hit something.

One of best thing I ever did was purchase some "How to" videos from Mark Polk RV's 101 I sure had a lot of aw moments watching those. There sure a lot of angry people mad at Thor but, maybe we can help each other by asking questions. And telling others how we fixed a particular problem.

Thanks,

Larry Mac,
Larry Mac, I had the same thing happen with one of our cargo doors. I will do some more investigating on all the locks and perhaps do a little PM on them. On our entrance door was very had to open and close when we took delivery on 31JAN15. We took it back to CW in New Braunfels 04JAN15, and their solution was to take an angle grinder and grind off some of door latch receiver. We took it back to CW again today for some new problems and to re-address a black water dump issue. Apparently, the device that you push and pull to open the pipe, I don't know what it's called, is leaking pretty good. When the cap is removed, the water gushes out......not a trickle, but it gushes out. I'm new this game, but I don't think that's right. We have owned the RV for 20 days, and it's been back at the dealer service department for 14 of those days. I'm sure hoping it gets better.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum