Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 04:56 PM   #7
scrubjaysnest

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
roof solar complete

Completed the 200 watt solar roof mod today giving us a total of 500 watts with the portable set up. All wiring has been run in split tubing and clamped.
Running the wiring through the refrig roof vent was a piece of cake.
Panels on the roof can be tilted in any one of four directions. I made up Z brackets from 1 and 5/8 aluminum angle. These are attached to the roof with # 12 SS screws 1 inch in length. They were installed using an adhesive/sealant. Tomorrow everything will get some Dicor 501 self leveling caulking. Also will touch up anything else that needs it on the roof. One panel is placed just behind bathroom skylight and the second is behind the refrig vent cover. These will somewhat breakup the air flow across the roof to the panels.
It really is to bad I never located the roof stringers. Don't know what the drawing is for that Thor set me. It's dated 2015 and for the Axis/Vegas but I never found a stringer within 6 inches of where the drawing showed them to be.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum