Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Replacement for Axxera AV614BH on 2015 ACE?

My 2015 ACE 30.2, which I picked up right before Christmas, came with the Axxera AV614BH (~$260 online at Crutchfield) as the camera monitor/radio/CD player/Bluetooth in my dash AND IT IS UTTERLY USELESS AS A MULTIMEDIA PLAYER. For safety we like to monitor the traffic behind us when we drive, and maybe listen to a CD or sports radio--easy to do on my traded in 2007 Class C, NOT on my 2015 ACE. I understand there have been a lot of complaints about the Jensen's, but with the Axxera all audio is cut off in camera mode (and other modes as well), so it can be a camera monitor OR a radio/CD player, but not both at the same time.

I will either need to install a different monitor for the cameras, or a new radio/CD player. While I understand the Jensen's were iffy, substituting this unit was, IMHO, irresponsible. Safe driving means not choosing between monitoring the road behind you and listening to the game.

Does anyone have any experience with rewiring the cameras for a new monitor, or the speakers fora new radio/CD player so I can pick your brain and get some advice?

Thanks in advance.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum