Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #20
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Since you drive many different ones, care to mention which drive better than others, which you find easier to drive? And I don't mean comparing diesel pusher to small Class C, although that too would be interesting to read. Mostly I'm interested in your general observations if you have any, like how wind affects them, gas mileage, etc...
if the Chassis is the same, no BRAND is going to be radically different, better, or worse than any other brand - the biggest difference is overall weight to length(wheelbase) ratio and floorplan/layout.
The weight to length(wheelbase) ratio - heavier units can handle more length without sacrificing being 'pushed around' by wind and other traffic, and a quick look at how much 'overhang' the unit has on the rear might be an indicator that driving it may take a little more effort.
The floorplan/layout of the unit helps determines where the weight is within the coach, and therefore the driving characteristics since more weight on the front left will drive differently than more weight on the right rear. Some have the kitchen and fridge all on the same side.

I would choose a motorhome, though, based on your desired floorplan and layout as this is what you will be 'enjoying' the most as part of the overall purchase - no matter who's name is badged on the vehicle. You actually 'drive' the vehicle a lot less than you 'enjoy' the vehicle once parked.
Some brands 'may' have a slightly better build, but there is really little difference from what I've seen.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum