Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 02:01 AM   #9
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molddave View Post
I have one question what does the store / use battery switch do?it is on left next to door step. Cannot find info in manual.
The store/use switch disconnects the coach batteries in 'store' - and connects them in 'use'. You should hear a solid click (solenoid) when pushing the switch in the opposite direction of current position (ie - moving from 'store' to 'use' will click - but if already in 'use' and pressing 'use' - you will not hear anything.

The switch must be in 'use' to provide 12v power when unplugged - and for the coach batteries to charge when plugged in or using generator.

Many people have found there is still some battery drain while in 'store' mode - so be aware and verify... If you have a drain - you can eitehr chase it to find it - or install a separate true disconnect. I've had no issue with either of my coaches.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum