Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #9
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
One of my outside storage compartment latches has malfunctioned and now I can't open that door. With my model it is a compartment that is enclosed with the generator on the opposite side, so there is no crawling through and removing the latch from the inside.

Any suggestions out there? Right now I am considering taking one of the other ones apart to see how they work internally, not that I will learn anything about how to trip this one. Unless they make some type of slim jim tool that could possibly trip this open I guess my only option would be to try to pry out the outside cover and use a hacksaw blade to cut the 4 little bolts.
Might want to specify whether it is a knob or key latch and further define "malfunction".

If it won't rotate use liquid wrench or similar for a good soak and tap/vibrate it many times during the soak to see if you can "bust it loose".

If it does rotate but doesn't unlatch, the screw on the end has probably backed off to the point where the cylinder is not rotating the latch arm. Might try pushing the door in to relieve any friction pressure on the latch arm and work it back and forth multiple time to see if you can get the latch arm to rotate out of the way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.