Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Mice
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #1
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Mice

We are leaving in a week for Disney so I decided to start my "pre flight" of the Vegas.
So I checked tire pressures , did an engine oil change , checked battery water levels and of course the generator oil.
As I go to reach for the generator dipstick I see this 1 inch piece of fiber like yarn lying off to the side near the dipstick. As I looked further I found a huge mouse nest on top of the generator .
The picture below is what it looked like in the bottom of my shop vac, it was big and could surely have caused a fire when exposed to the heat of the generator.

I wanted to know where the nest material had come from and I initially feared it had come from the carpet in the rig. What I found was that the mud rug I have by the entrance door into the rv was in fact a little smaller than I had remembered.
The mice were unraveling it and dragging the yarn like fibers back to the generator for nesting material.

I had seen signs of mice two weeks ago and managed to catch 4 in snap traps over a 4 night period .
Now my rig is stored in a very tight garage and it has had bait stations in it from day 1. As it turns out the bait stations were full of acorns !
The mice found them to be a good storage facility.

No more activity in the traps for about a week and no further evidence of the little sob's .

And the only evidence of their presence was outside of the living space thank goodness.

I guess you are never safe from them...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4102 (1).jpg
Views:	190
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	4896  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.