Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Slide in/out
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post
On my 2016 Miramar 34.2 I am noticing the slide gets hung up going in more than out. It actually sounds like a snap when it's going in. Does anybody else have this problem. It does go in, but it just sounds like it's getting hung up on something halfway through, then makes a jump and continues it's travel. I really am doing all I can to avoid taking this back in for repair, as I know they would have it for a while. Thank you ahead of time for any advice.
Wow, that sounds earily familiar! We had a 2014 34.2. It was built with only 4 total rails and 2 motors. Started having problems with the slide about 6 months in. As the slide went out, about midway it would tip or drop slightly. Initially dealer said it was normal, since it was such a ginormous slide. Coming in it started to labor and would lurch at the mid point. Eventually the rails started showing signs of wear and I would find metal shavings or floor.

The dealer replaced all the components, rails, motors etc. while the slide was out of the coach, they discovered that there was a roller missing from the floor track on the forward side of the slide. That missing roller was causing the slide to lurch as it moved in and out.

Eventually Thor sent a technician out to the dealer and they removed the slide and added a 3rd rail to help support the slide.

I would have them check that all the rollers are installed and are moving freely.

Please keep us posted!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum