Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #7
Tom N3EQF

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
OK, I took the plunge and removed the window from the door! Removed the inside frame screws, which allowed the outer frame to be pried loose from the main window frame. The entire window assembly then removes from the outside of the door. BTW, definitely need a helper to hold the window on the outside - once the frame comes off the inside the entire window assembly floats inside the opening.

Once removed, I found that there are indeed two window panes. The outer tinted glass (of course) and an inner opaque sheet of either plastic or plexi-glass. Unfortunately, the opaque material is an integral part of the assembly - apparently glued to the frame. There is no way to take either pane away from the rest of the assembly once the factory stamps this thing together.

Possibly, one could cut up the opaque sheet using a hot knife and remove it in pieces. But that is a bold move that I'm not ready for at this time! It might be easier to just replace the whole window with a new clear-view tinted one. I see there is even one that provides an integrated shade (AP Products, Manufacturer Part No : 015-201512).

By the way, the window cutout opening is 22" x 12", with curved corners. Some of the replacement window kits I looked at will require me to cut the opening a little larger.

Pictures of the Windsport entrance door window assembly:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3811.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	4905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3812.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	4906  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum