Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
DocP

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubravsky View Post
2015 four winds 31W... with the long slide.....

This weekend had the slide malfunction. It went out halfway, and then quit. I looked and there were no flashing lights on the controller. I pulled out the 30 amp fuse inside at the panel- wasn't broke, so replaced it.

Then I looked at the panel again and it was flashing 9 red flashes. the controller said something about that being hall power short to controller. I followed the directions to manually close the slide and that worked.

Two questions:
1) the site we were at was at a national park. It was low to the rear and to the left. I used some pads and leveled manually. Even though I got it level, the bathroom door wouldn't latch shut... could the rv be "flexed" somehow and could that have contributed to the slide problem?

2) Is there a way to reset the controller and test it at home? Will just pulling the power from the controller clear it?

thanks!
In addition to the red light flashing 9 times, you should also have the green light flashing once (if it is motor 1) or twice (if it is motor 2). I have this problem intermittently with my overhead bunk and have taken it to the dealer on 2 occasions (since it is still under warranty). Of course, once I got to the dealer's the lights were no longer flashing and the service department could not replicate the error lights. I was told that they checked all of the connections and motors and still came up empty. They made a note about the problem and said that at least it was documented should it occur again and would be a covered repair.

I did do the manual override you described and the lights went off. Since I don't intend on ever using the overhead bunk, it's not an immediate problem for me, but I would like to make sure that everything is working as intended before the warranty period is up. So, I'll be following this thread to see if others have the same issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.