Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #14
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
After a lot of research when I first bought our MH, I ultimate decided that a flushing jet was not worth the trouble.

I have found that with plenty of water to prime the works, and using enough water when flushing....and of course waiting for the tank to get more or less full before dumping....that there's really not a lot of need.

I have no doubt that a rinsing jet will do some good... but you really need to do those things anyway....full before dump and lots of water....

and it's not like I'm going to sit at a dump station and putz around with a rinser anyway, unless there's nobody likely to come up in line behind me.... which would rarely ever happen....so I would only use it at home or at a full hook-up site

On occasion, like when I end up dumping when the tank isn't all the way full.... When I get home I'll refill the black tank with clear water and dump it. I figure this would get at least as much out as a rinsing jet.... and I can do this procedure anyplace that I would ever use a washing jet anyway
so
if anything, I would like to have a simple tank filler.... something with a high flow rate nozzle rather than a washing jet, to make it faster and easier to do rinsing fill/dumps

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.