Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
Nursx2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Check everything you would never dream of checking - they will have so many things hidden from you from factory that you will be appalled in a few months when they become apparent! I have a Hurricane but Thor is Thor!

They will have extra trim up to hide errors in cutting and wax pencil to hide scrapes and gouges in walls. This is stuff I did not notice when I walked through mine in October, but wish I would have.

It is hard to be so distrusting and skeptical when you are so excited about picking up a new coach, but you have to. Look for uniformity in trim! For example, they had a piece of trim on one side of the bunk bed wall but not the other - which I did not notice till it fell off a month later. It was hiding a large 1 inch gap where the slide wall and ceiling meet! I just fixed this myself as best I could, but as you can see in the pictures, the wood was cut so far off measurement, I will have to reuse their trim to hide it.

I think it is great that Thor allows people with disabilities to work at their factories, I just worry the blind people will be injured while cutting someday! Sure hope they are being careful!

Be skeptical!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bunk gap 2.jpeg
Views:	317
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	181

Name:	bunk gap 3.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	182

Name:	bunk gap one fixed.jpeg
Views:	315
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	183
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.