Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 12:21 AM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
SuperD, yes, we had great time, and saw a lot of wildlife which is what we wanted most. Unfortunately we didn't get to see a wolf, but did see a den with 5 pups in the Lamar Valley area according to guys that had been there for days.

This was my fourth visit to YNP: First one by car and tent camped. Second was Class C. Third by car and stayed in lodges. For me it's just being there that's most important.

We were also extremely lucky with weather. A few days before departing from Houston the weather forecast didn't look good for Yellowstone, so we briefly thought of delaying trip by a few days. For the most part we had great weather on Thursday and Friday last week, with Saturday getting a little colder during day with rain and very light snow (while at Old Faithful). Had we delayed for better weather, it would have actually been much worse. That's why I don't plan much around weather conditions -- it's still mostly luck. On way back we got tornado warnings around Amarillo, but drove slower to let storm stay ahead of us. Around Childress there was still large hail on road left by storm.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.