Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 07:24 PM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
that is a beautiful coach ! too long for us and apparently for you too !! if you take a look at RV Trader and tell them exactly what you are looking for, it is surprising what can be found ...

for instance : 22'

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...5211-121693942

23'

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...5211-121106405

ya don't see corner beds much..they were a precious commodity in that short motorhome ! mostly jack knife sofas or dinette/bed combo...
Thanks much Kay, I appreciate it.

We really want something new, or at least a lot newer, otherwise we would just keep repairing our van to keep it in service; and maybe do some upgrades. But that just doesn't make much sense to me because it's so old. Once vehicles get old (more than 10 years or so), many things start to go wrong that are more age related than wear related (mileage) -- like rust. We've also had to replace door latch cables because of age/wear, vacuum hoses/tubes and wiring that are no longer as reliable, etc.

Owners often worry more about engine and drivetrain, but to me that's easier to rebuild and keep running indefinitely for all practical purposes (not that I've had that problem yet with 165,000 miles).

I contacted Thor one last time thinking I may be able to special order an Axis, but that's not going to work out. And ProMaster van transmissions are still too weak, so nothing much has really changed since we started looking.

Regardless, we may just forget about buying for now and rent as needed instead, or fly to destination and rent a car.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.