Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #5
nick104

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #3372
tire pressures

The correct tire pressures should be printed on the placard on the wall to the left of the drivers seat. I have an Axis 24.1 2016 model and it states 80 psi for the front ( that's max for the 16" Michelin tires ) and 75 psi for the rear tires. The max gross weight for this unit is listed at 14,500 pounds on the placard and the chassis is an E-450 Ford. I suspect that Ford put 55 psi in the tires when the stripped down basic chassis was delivered to Thor. They proceeded to add about 4500 pounds of stuff to complete the motorhome and nobody added more air to the tires. Just my opinion because mine had about 55 psi in the rear tires when I first got it. I had the unit weighed on our first long trip and it was 11,600 pounds. Plenty of extra weight carrying capacity. Good luck. Nick in TN

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.