Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #11
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I would not doubt a dealer service center did some shoddy work either. I have not been very impressed with some of the warranty work done on my rig.

For example, anyone having those cheap clearance lights Thor puts on notice they leak? And the "accepted" practice is to goop the heck out of them with sealant. This is probably both done at Thor as well as the dealer. Afterall, it is cheaper to do a shoddy goop job than to actually fix the problem.

Also when I did the PDI for my coach (even though it was used -2yr old), the service tech pointed out where the furnace hatch was, and made the statement that I should never need to open it.

A couple of months later, I was installing some vent screens as we sometimes have a wasp problem, and opened the furnace hatch.

I now know why the service tech didn't want me poking around in there. Someone - either Thor or the service dep't over-torqued all of the mounting screws on the furnace and busted up the plastic mounting frame in at least a dozen places.

While the service dep't may or may not have done it, they certainly were adamant about me not looking inside of the furnace.

I also saw what looked like the furnace may have been serviced at some point, as even the shroud around the fan was busted - which should only have occurred if the fan motor had been replaced at some point.

While some of this may be the service dep't, some may be the manufacturer, but it sure makes me cynical about the entire RV industry.

Bottom line... you are going to have to do a lot of stuff yourself if you want to have a fully functional RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.