Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #34
kdlamoreaux

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Axis 25.1
State: Maine
THOR #3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by INKBLUE12 View Post
Can you tell me more 600 watt pure sine inverter and where did you install it? I am trying to decide where or not to add solar to my 2016 Axis 25.2, roof top or roof mounted.
I bought the inverter on amazon "MicroSolar 12V 600W (Peak 1200W) Pure Sine Wave Inverter - with Remote Wire Controller $99" and I ended up installing it in the cabinet under the sink. It sits just above the sink trap. This location worked well because it kept the power cables from the batteries fairly short. using the heater vent hole right next to the door I ran a 14g flat white extension cord out of the cabinet. Then I was able to loosen the door trim and run the cable behind the trim all the way up to the wooden tv trim panel. From there I ran it into the upper cabinet where I have the blue ray player. I also unplugged the tv and ran that cord into the cabinet. In the cabinet I plugged the tv, game system and blue ray player into a small power strip, that way I can simply move the power cord from the wall outlet if we are hooked to external power or to the extension cord coming from the inverter. I also ran the remote switch out the heater hole and mounted it directly above the vent so I can easily turn it on and off without having to get into the cabinet. I can take some additional pictures this weekend if that would be helpful.

We haven't done a lot of dry camping but this allows us to use the tv while driving without the gen running. We did 4400 miles in 10 days with our 2 kids (7 and 10) and they didn't complain at all.

Doug

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.