Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
DaveRB55

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #7625
Are there Happy Thor Owners Out There?

Hello Everyone,

New member, new to RVing.

My wife and I have been talking about full time RVing for a couple of years. Just needed to get to retirement. Finally there in 2016 and ready to pull the plug. Took a two wk trip in a class C as a test run to see if we would like the lifestyle as much as we thought we would. We loved it! Anything we needed could have been solved with a bit more space and some good internet!

Been spending a few weeks working at cullling ads trying to find a used diesel pusher with the right layout and price point. Plan to hire and inspector should I find one. I'm handy and pretty good at repairing things so figured I could handle most issues with forum help. I keep coming back to the Pallazo layout with a separate shower and a bathroom door that doesn't open to the kitchen...so what better place to get some feedback than a Thor Forum.

After reading so many totally negative posts about Thor motorhome quality we are really wondering if this whole plan is viable. We want to full time and that means full time RVing not staying shacked up in a hotel waiting for our RV to serviced.

So here's my question. [B] Are there any happy Palazzo owners out there? Does everyone have horror story problems or are only those folks writing in?

Every brand I look at has some outlandish and sad quality story but Thor seems to be particularly harsh. We sure met a lot of happy people (not that many Thor owners but it was only two weeks.) We are trying to get some balance on this whole idea and also decide on a used Palazzo but right now we wondering if the RV plan will be more frustrating that having to take care of a house. Do we need to visit our national parks by car and sleep in a motel! Yuck

Thanks,
Dave

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum