Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 12:42 AM   #5
DaveRB55

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #7625
Thank you Kev,

I was not aware of that comment in the Thor manual. You make a good point.

Do you know if that is true of all motorhomes i.e. the Tiffins and Newmars or other higher end MHs? Or are they and others just "more luxurious" recreational vehicles?

We originally were looking at Fifth wheels for the additional space and the fact that it separates a motor vehicle from the living space. But we couldn't get over the thought of driving a 1 ton to get a loaf or bread or to go out to dinner. Do Fifth wheels have the same clarification of "not intended or designed for full time"?

If so, I'm wondering if it is just the mfr sort of limiting their liabilities. Clearly many folks out there are doing just that and warranties exist to serve the RV user and the full timer. I've been reading about having the right expectations for the RV experience and I think I'm prepared for that. Just being overwhelmed with the negative.

PS.
Agree CPO, if there isn't something in the Toyota manual about it not being used for sleeping...there should be!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum