Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: QAM tuner
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #8
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike
So JamieGeek, Do you feel I would be in much better shape buying this then I am now? It's not like we watch TV all day when camping, but I would at least like to receive what the campground has to offer. Right now the SEIKI TV's I have pick up nothing at some campgrounds. If I have to buy 3 of these tuners, it's better than buying 3 TV's.
As I see it you have a few options (pick one based on how much TV is important to you):
  • Go nuts and buy 3 TVs--everything is done once and you can move on to the next project
  • Replace one or two TVs--perhaps the most used one and then replace the others in time
  • Buy 3 Clear QAM tuners (Amazon) and put one on each TV
  • Buy 1 Clear QAM Tuner (Amazon) and move it around to the TV you're watching (or 2 if you need to watch 2 TVs on different channels at the same time)
  • Some combination: Replace the outside TV and buy a QAM tuner for the others--any combination will work
  • Do nothing, buy nothing, sit by the campfire--if it isn't raining

The QAM tuners are inexpensive enough that you almost can consider them disposable. Thus you can pick up one or two now and chuck them later when you eventually upgrade the TV (I know a lot of people are reading this going: Wha?? your saying throw away ~$30!!--sadly that is the times we're in). Oh and by "chuck" I mean recycle/dispose of responsibly!

We also have 2 Seiki TVs (don't have the outside TV) and haven't picked up anything like this--yet. Usually when we're camping we don't watch TV, but if the campground does have cable I'll hook up (and have noticed that one of our TVs has QAM and the other doesn't ! LOL) but we'll only use the TV if its raining, or at night. Our son also brings his Playstation so that is what usually is on the main TV anyway.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.