Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 12:13 AM   #3
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
vegas

I am not sure where the coach was manufactured, Bruce, but it was probably built on a Friday, considering all the issues we have had with it. I do really like the way it drives and handles, how nimble it is thru traffic, and congested areas. It is quite liveable, when it is not in the shop for repairs. All the reasons we first bought the coach for in the first place, still stand. However, the design is neat, but the execution is seriously lacking in quality control. I see you have the 25.1. What these designations mean, who knows. The 25.1 we saw at the Tampa RV trade show, did seem to be better built, and workmanship appeared to be superior to our coach. One thing you should check, loose wires beneath the coach. There were several wires, for lights, foglights, sensor wires, etc,. that had so much slack, and were unsecured, they actually made contact with the tires when under way. They were flapping in the breeze. I cinched up all the loose wires with zip ties to prevent any more contact with the moving tires. Another important issue, is the poor quality foam gasket used between the tail lights and coach fiberglass body. I needed to replace a burned-out brake light. What burned it out was water intrusion into the tail light assembly, and behind the assembly, into the subwall, and down inside the wall, where the wood had already started rotting. This coach is 11 months old! I dried out the water in BOTH tail light mounting areas, and re-sealed with good quality silicone caulk. Make sure you remove both your tail light assemblies and check for leaks. If left unattended, delamination of the whole rear panel will occur in a very short time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.