Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
Curbmaster

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #1526
Axis 24.1 Owner - New to This Forum

We've had our Axis 24.1 since June 2014 and it has a little more than 5K miles as we wait to start out in 2015. My wife and I have camped in tents, pop-ups, Class A 30+ Ft, Class C 21ft and now the Axis which is the best by FAR! Right after purchase, I installed an Ultra-Gauge to track fuel and with trips through the mountains of WV and TN as well as home in NC, we have averaged 9.76 MPG on the first 5K miles. This while towing a trailer carrying our Smart car.

We're looking forward to 2015 travels that will include New Orleans, LA; Vicksburg, MS; Savannah, GA; Charleston, SC; Myrtle Beach, SC; Gettysburg, PA; Pigeon Forge, TN and others yet to be named.

This is a great unit for 2 people and you could probably get along fine with 1-2 smaller children but space can get limited pretty quickly.

I've had only two concerns since taking delivery. First, heed that warning posted next to the driver about checking wheel alignment after you get the coach loaded for travel. Second - don't be surprised if your slide-out fails - they use a specialized cylindrical motor to drive the slide and it has a propensity to come loose in it's mount and spin until the wires break off the top. There are two motors, one on each side of the slide. Fear not, if/when it happens, call a mobile repair service and they'll assist getting the slide retracted. Two grown men can do it alone by first getting the slide aligned by pushing very hard on the side that failed to get it lined up. Then have someone man the slide switch and operate it while someone outside pushes to get the slide retracted, Mine occurred 450 miles from home but the dealer (Camping World) and Thor made repairs quickly with no hassle.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum