Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #7
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
You are right, that does look very similar to my 31L. That would be a contender for me.......

My impression is that you are correct. Pretty close in quality. Definitely pretty close in terms of plan and amenities anyway.....

I think in this price point range, all are pretty similar. There's always a little give and take where one does something a little better but something else no so nice.

I looked at a Coachman that had a very similar floor plan. I would rank it a full notch below my Thor. Same thing really, just seemed a bit more chintzy. not much, just little things....

My impression, only having looked at Winnebagos while shopping and not having owned one is that they are perhaps a full tick better, overall.

Some things struck me as bit better thought out
such as the battery override switch that on the winny's I've seen is nicely placed up on the dash in a panel installed where ford made allowance for aux switches.....
while Thor put mine down by my knee where it looks like an after thought.

Also in that aux switch location on the winnys I looked at were remote generator switch and other controls that I would like to have. Not sure if that's standard though.....

Also, I believe that the winnebagos have a fiberglass roof. Not sure if that's a pro or a con, but I'm thinking that ticks it up half a notch....

The winny's I have seen have a wrap around fiberglass nose cap. A + in my estimation....

I do like where thor put my TV..... it's the door to kitchen cabinets. Functional and looks great. As long as the mount holds up over time, this is a huge + for Thor in my book..... but not all Thors use this.....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.