Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #11
jtroop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 34F
State: Michigan
THOR #7673
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Phil - while you haven't used the remote, you are constantly using the Rapid Camp Controller module. It is the electronic controller for locking out the slides with the ignition switch on and a few other things. Programming or use of the remote doesn't mean the controller cannot be whacked.

First thing - do your awnings and bunk operate? I believe both of these also run through the Rapid Controller module. If these work, then it more than likely is NOT the Rapid Camp Controller.

Next, before I did anything else - I'd get a multimeter and check all of the fuses for continuity (closed or open circuit). Don't believe the labels. If the fuses check out, I'd go next to the Rapid Camp Controller and make sure it has power in and power out. If it doesn't, I'd run a jumper wire (12 volts) to the controller side and then attempt to operate the slides. If the still don't work, it is the controller. Don't confuse the motor controller with the Rapid Camp Controller - 2 different electronic purposes.
I subscribed to this thread in order to refer back if I encounter a problem. I have the full wall slide, makes me a little nervous. Anyway, the rapid camp work for all except the levelers. Any idea how why the remote won't operate the leveling system?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.