Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #12
sfmurph

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FourWinds 24F
State: New Hampshire
THOR #7322
[QUOTE=TurnerFam;70741]good advice, especially for first time owners of any type of rv, but I bet that you'll find that the reality is that most of the sales people and 'PDI' employees don't actually use 'this' rv in the real world and probably can only tell you how things are 'supposed' to work, or how things might be 'designed' to work, but nothing more. They are in the business to sale an rv and get to the next customer, but whether they give you everything you actually 'need' when you make your first, second, and even third trip is unlikely.

And this is why this forum is so valuable. Between the good people here, blogs, and a lot of YouTube hours, I probably know more about the 24.1 than most salespersons - and that is without walking in one yet. I will take Ed’s list, add it to my growing one, and use it as a guide when we go to look at rigs; and it will be my checklist if/when (likely more when than if) we are ready to buy. If a salesperson cannot answer a question or operate a feature, we are patient (er, stubborn) enough to wait for him/her to learn, and demonstrate. No showie, no buyie. LOL.

Also learning from others’ experience here, we will do a thorough check of a target unit before any offer is made, and the offer will be with a list of fixes needed, if any. And we will check the unit again on the day of sale BEFORE we accept delivery. If they can’t be bothered to address issues before the warranty clock is ticking, we will walk away (we have quite a few Thor dealers within 100 miles here in the northeast). Cautionary tales have taught me to be become educated on the product, and smart enough to walk away if needed. Or to just walk away from a dealership that feels pushy or unwilling to spend the time on us.

With just 12 months for most warranty claims, and 6+/- months of winter here, that leaves little time to find and address problems.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum