Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 03:44 AM   #7
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
The local RV repair shop completed my Sumo install today (D&H RV Repair, Peoria IL). They do air bags but had never done a set of Sumos.

Unopened box for front Sumos was missing two bolts, which held things up a little, but entire install took this shop 7 hours. Not cheap but appeared to be a good install.

Had about a 20 mile interstate drive after install to get back to CG. Cross winds of about 15-18mph and heavy traffic. Noticable difference in handling. Coach does not sway nearly as much.

In summary, after CHF, front end alignment, SafeT Plus, and now Sumos, my handling is about 75% better. Probably will not make any additional modifications for now.
Joe

Glad To hear you got the install done and your happy with the results. My new coach is due in next week and I Already have the Safe T Plus. I will get the Sumos next but I was surprised to see that they are triple the cost of the ones for the Vegas.

Kev

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum