Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #1
richbam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Florida
THOR #6899
Is my Air Conditioner not working properly?

We are the owners of a new Four Winds 31W, this is our first ever motor coach, so will appreciate some feedback from other owners of the same or similar.

We are currently camping in Sarasota and although the outside temperature during the day has not been blisteringly hot, we still want to run the a/c to maintain a comfortable inside temperature.
Typically we set the thermostat to a little under 80 (although it’s difficult to tell with the analog slider) and have the system on cool and the fan on auto high. (see attached photo).

My issue is that with these settings the a/c just keeps running and running continuously. It struggles to get to under 80, even if the outside temperature is only a few degrees higher than inside. (I have a portable weather station which monitors both inside and outside temperatures).

For example yesterday afternoon the outside temperature was 84F, the thermostat was set as in the photo, and the inside temperature would not get below 78F despite the fact that the a/c was running continuously. (it ran for over 2 hours before it finally cut out).

It is blowing out cool air from all the vents, but I do not know if it is blowing enough or it is cold enough?

The thermostat is working OK, even though it does have a lot of hysteresis. If I move the slider way over to the right the a/c cuts out immediately, and vice versa.

So I guess my question is this - Is this unit just underrated for the Florida climate, or should it be performing better than this? I have no way of knowing as this is our first experience with a motor coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3930.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	5223  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum