Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:05 AM   #5
airforceret

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Take it to a big truck shop. Manufacturers typically only adjust toe-in. A proper caster (and possibly camber) alignment can be done that will make it drive like a normal big truck. We had ours done at the local Ford fleet shop where they work on big trucks... Told them I do lots of highway miles and we just returned from 4000 + miles where it performed pretty awesome and as expected (like a big truck). It's still a big box on windy days but in normal wind and passing trucks it gets on down the road without the white knuckles.

As for the bumps... that's a different animal!

I've run Airlift 5000 bags and they make a significant improvement on windy days if you get the dual gauges and onboard air as it allows you to adjust the suspension while driving. And yes they are on my upgrade wishlist for this unit as well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.