Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 02:14 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
.....cut....

It is one thing to do a 25 mile test drive, but when you actually load one of these wallowing pigs up and start running down the road is when you find out how badly they handle. If I had realized all of that I would have looked at Super Class C diesels more seriously.
Exactly. And why I think it's a good idea for even experienced motorhome campers to rent a similar unit and take it out for a few weeks and 1,000s of miles. It's the only way I know to avoid a surprise. It's expensive but may be worth it to some. I'd bet half of prospective buyers would change their minds.

I've driven many motorhomes on long trips that drove "OK" but I wouldn't ever want to own them. A test drive is one thing, but getting through Texas or Louisiana I-10 full of pot holes and construction where cabinets sound like they will fall off the walls is just annoying. And chassis flex, which there is no practical fix for, can be a real turn off if expectations are high.

They should also experience how it handles on Colorado mountain passes or similar, and how it climbs and stops in mountains.

It's a big investment for most buyers, and therefore shouldn't be taken lightly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum